Four things I like about the USA:
- shops that are open 24 hours a day 7 days a week (and have employees who pack up what you have bought),
- the time-machine effect (you see things that you will notice in Europe about two months later),
- the importance of linguistics in higher education and research,
- the independence of universities from lousy reforms by even lousier politicians.
Four things I dislike:
- waiters that do not stop talking to you when you want to eat (a bit as in a famous Loriot sketch),
- highway police controls (which really happen quite often on a US interstate highway, esp. if you have a broken headlight and a beard),
- straight cowboys, esp. you-know-who…,
- the collection of biometric data (and other fruitless homeland security measures).